Fathers For Autism

I am a road-worn father of an amazing autistic daughter and NT son. I started this blog to provide information, a sounding board and a voice for fathers of autistic children.

More to see on my Facebook page.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day...

Dear Mommy,

They say that today is the day we should celebrate you. I just don't think that one day is nearly enough, considering you give so much of yourself every day of the year.

In the morning, when your angry alarm yells, you pull on your tights and your cape and soar into the air to survey your domain.

It's not easy being a superhero.

You have to battle monsters and demons, most of them trying to take me away...leading me down a dark path. They scare me and yet I can't resist them.

But, you never give up.

You hold my hand, give me a warm smile, and guide me through the cloudy darkness. You know I can't do this alone. I can tell that scares you, but it doesn't stop you.

You keep fighting for me.

I admire you. I hope, one day, to have children of my own. I don't know if I will, but I hope I am as good a parent as you are.

I am so very grateful for you.

I know I don't say it enough or even at all, but always know that I love you. You are my guardian, friend, confidant, warm blanket, and safe place. You show me the world, a world I wouldn't have seen without your guidance.

Thank you for being my Mommy.

Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment