Fathers For Autism

I am a road-worn father of an amazing autistic daughter and NT son. I started this blog to provide information, a sounding board and a voice for fathers of autistic children.

More to see on my Facebook page.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sleep...


45 Minutes. 

That's how much sleep I got last night.

You see, my daughter had gas pain and would wake up every 30 minutes screaming. She had long since passed the offending gas, but was re-living the experience in her head again and again. 

So, I folded myself into the 1/2' X 6' rectangle that was the edge of her bed and stayed with her all night, comforting her with my presence and words so she would calm down enough to sleep.

Being able to watch her face calm down, relax and then drift into peaceful sleep in one of my favorite things.

Of course, when you first started reading this, you thought I was complaining of my lack of sleep. Quite the contrary, I was given the gift of being able to be my daughter's Daddy...compared to that, sleep is over-rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment